Welcome!

Welcome to Think Ink Cards and Crafts. I started this blog to share my passion for cards and crafts with others. I apologize for the sparness of my page, but I just started and am learning how to use this. Please feel free to post comments or helpful ideas.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Card Crazy!

I have been super busy the last few days trying to catch up on my blog and cards.  They are starting to pile up on  me.  Now I need a way to use them.  Any ideas?  I just don't have that many people to send cards to, but it is too much fun to make them. 
Anyway I have another bunch that I recently made for entries into challenges.  These are all for Stamping Vacation challenges.  They have a ton so check out their blog if you want to enter them.  I will post links for challenges with the card.
The first is about speed.  I finally got to use a few new stamp sets that I picked up at CHA. 


While I missed the deadline for the speed challenge I still wanted to post the card.  The rocket card is for the reflection challenge.  I used the cloud stamp from the first card and flipped it to make the exhaust for the rocket.  SV-Technique Challenge-reflection

My next card I thought was super cute.  I got the stamp set a long time ago at Michael's Arts and Crafts.  Amazing what neat little goodies you can find in the dollar bin. 



Next challenge was to pick 3 things from their list and make a card.  I chose vellum, brads, and yellow. 


The yellow is a little hard to see, but it is stamped on the base card under the vellum and in the center of the petals..

I chose the next challenge because my son loves pilots and I had the cutest little snoopy stamp.  I don't take full credit for this card though because I got the idea from someone on splitcoast some time ago.  Actually I think I will try to make a new entry for this challenge, but I will post this one for now.  SV-When I Grow Up Challenge


The last challenge is for a masculine card using deer or elk.  This is a great card I think for a male birthday or for father's day.  SV-What Guy Challenge




So that is all I have for today, but I am still busy working on those SV challenges.  Come try them out.  Happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. The elk card is really cool. Is that real wood?? It looks like it. Thank you for joining us at the Stamping Vacation Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen, thanks for commenting. It isn't real wood just some really cool dp I found at Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, such a perfect masculine card at the end there! I love the perfect amount of layering you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and your reflection technique was perfect for the clouds/smoke on your first pic!! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow.... you have had such fun with all the Stamping Vacation's challenges. Such wonderful cards I like them all. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go with all the card creations. Love that flower on vellum. Perfect. Thanks so much for participating in our PICK 3 Challenge over at SV. You now have an entry toward the $25.00 gift voucher for Flourishes! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete