Welcome!

Welcome to Think Ink Cards and Crafts. I started this blog to share my passion for cards and crafts with others. I apologize for the sparness of my page, but I just started and am learning how to use this. Please feel free to post comments or helpful ideas.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Jewelry

Making jewelry is not easy, but when you're finished you have such a great feeling of accomplishment.  At least I do.  It's wonderful to look at something as say 'Wow, I actually made that'.  I have tried various types of jewelry making since CHA, and I have to say that beading is a huge pain.  I have great respect for those who do this alot.  It takes alot of time and patience to make something out of beads, especially seed beads which is what I make my necklace out of.  Took forever, but I am happy with how it turned out.  I can't remember which website I got the design from, but I think it is an Apache leaf beading pattern.  Here it is.



Mostly I just worked from a kit.  I used a braided cord techinique to make this next set.



This last one I made with wire and leftover seed beads and beads from the handles of a gift bag.  I am not above reusing materials. 



Not as happy with this one.  Next time I will have to use thinner wire.  So those are my attempts at making jewelry.  I hope that it might inspire one of you to create something as well.  Until next time, happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment